Monday, November 28, 2005

The truth is in a Fathers and Mothers love for there children..

Tonight I am setting in my warm home, watching T.V., watching "Born on the Fourth of July", with Tom Cruise. I am reminded of the courage and the suffering of our brave Americans in Viet Nam. We lost 58,000 of Americas best.
The Republican national convention was interrupted by "Viet Nam vets against the war". The chants of "4 more years" for Nixon drown out the words of protest from those who served. The protestors were beaten and arrested and the cameras were not permitted to film the beatings. The Nixon supporters called our vets "communist" and told them if they did not love America go to another coutry.
Our vets were also called sympathetic to the enemys.
Then 4 years later the vets were at the Democratic convention.
I am reminded now how thankful I am to my lord that i was rejected after being drafted. I was found to be 4F. I had a plate in my right leg and one leg was slightly shorter than the other.
I can not put in words how proud I am of all that did serve. How much I love America and the Red, White and Blue flag. My two Sons both served and I am very proud of tham both for that part in there life.
I also can not put in words the sadness I would have felt had I lost either of my Sons in war. War is in fact hell. In War our service men are ask to do what needs to be done, they follow orders and they do there duty well. In fact War is about killing, you must kill the enemy before he kills you. You must take the fight to the enemy. There is no room for hesitated, no room for compassion. The enemy often is on there own turf which gives them the upper hand in combat. It is often very hard to tell friend from enemy.
From Viet Nam America should have learned a lesson but America did not.
You can not win gorilla warfare, no way. The Russians were given the same lesson when they invaded Afganistand, after great loss of life and un told financial spending on the war there, they left. The Russian people paid a dear price for that war only to walk away in defeat. Poverty in Russia is even today a very great problem, the people are still paying the price of war.
Now America has spent $240 billion in Iraq, as a nation we are on a very wrong path there. We have sacrificed 2040 brave Americans and un told numbers of wounded and maimed.
My heart is heavy with sorrow for all Mothers, Fathers, Husbands and Wifes who have lost there loved ones in Iraq. I do not buy "they knew the risk when they signed up", The Guardsmen signed up for money for School and one weekend per month. They were also to serve in defense of America.
Many of the lies are the same, much of the propaganda is the same.
Iraq and Viet Nam are the same, no different. Those that permote the propaganda have different faces.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home