Friday, November 17, 2006

A open letter to Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer,James Clyburn and Sen. Sherrod Brown.

Congratulations on this great victory for all Democrats. Now the real work begins. We all know "it's hard work" as President Bush has said.
I supported Democrats in the last elections. Move-on PAC and Barbara Boxers PAC. I also supported Ted Strickland and Sherrod Brown in Ohio. I also voted for Bill Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry. They all shared my vision for America.
Now after 6 years of Republican Control of the Congress and the White House personally, I do not see very much that has been done. Not much that I consider to be work at all. Congress now works only two days per week. No President in History has taken more vacation time off than G.W. Bush. What work?
We now have a $9 trillion national debt and the Iraq war will cost tax payers $2 trillion. The next ten years are not looking all that good from the tax payers point of view. Never in the history of our country have we lost more jobs to other countries and the flood of ill-legals is out of control at our borders.
It is my opinion that Sept. 11th. was the greatest failure of our Government to protect Americans in the History of this great nation. A nation I love.
Now I call on you to begin the "hard work" of the office you have been granted by the voters. I call on you to place the "greater good" of the American people above your own. I call on you to be ethical in office.
Will you support the removal of Social Security from the general Budget. Al Gore called it a "lock box", he was correct on that issue. S.S. is a trust fund. It has always been a trust fund. The temptation should be removed to borrow from that trust fund to meet general budget obligations. I am not sure but I think this has been done in the past by both parties. I call on you now to commit to me and to the American people that you will work towards this goal of protecting Social Security for all Americans and for our children's future. The Privatization of S.S. into personal savings accounts by Republicans is in fact no more than a effort to divert public funds into private for profit accounts. It will not work. They don't get it, I hope you do.
jack09
PS, Please tell me. Why do you give concessions and get nothing from Republicans in return? Is it because you don't ask for something?
Democrats have agreed not to oppose Robert Gates as the new Defense Secretary. Democrats have agreed to legislation for aid to India.
Democrats have excepted the Pentagon's plan to send 57,000 more troops to Iraq. Some of these units will be doing their 2 nd. and 3 rd. tour in Iraq.
The Republicans would not make the same mistake of having nothing to show for these concessions. We need to withdraw our troops to the North and defend the Kurds. Let Iraq be it's own police force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home